1. Plant Lightbulb – Ok, so I must admit, the first project is not necessarily the type that is going to result in some timeless oh-la-la piece. But it is sooooooo fun! And as long as a parent is around to do the dangerous parts this is a great project for kids. This idea comes from a Chinese blog, with the heading, “Bulb flowers, make your life different!!!”
Cool though, no?? And it starts to make you think of what other things you could possibly do with these bulbs….Any cool ideas? Let us know, better yet, if you try it out, send a pic!
2. Nail Polish Keys – Okay, here we are on an oh-so-basic, not gonna change your life. But duh. Obvious. So Obvious. Why do I buy odd plastic things that fall off and get dirty and such? I’m painting my home key in bright red in about an hour. Back Door? Baby blue. Yeah. Hi. Idea & pic from viewfromthecastel.
3. White Room, Black Windows- I love this!!! If I weren’t so color crazy and hell-bent on colorizing every available wall, I would most certainly do this on the windows. We are going to do our bedroom in grays……should i dare do black interior frame? I don’t think so. It just seems to work with that crisp white and lightness. Thoughts out there? From House Beautiful.
4. Ruffle Lampshade -Darling! This one is great simply because there are so many variations in color, texture, and final look. Two different examples……..
Find the how-to at Juneberry Lane. She also throws in some extra pictures of other ruffle lamps for inspiration.
5. Tiled Mirror- Happen to have any un-bordered mirrors that need some help? In the the 70′s and 80′s unadorned mirror slabs were quite common….placed all over the house. These days, they tend to look outdated. So go find some awesome tile and silicone adhesive and get going. I cant wait to do a couple that we left behind in our house!! Inexpensive….of course, here is an excellent moment to break out the pink marble if it can’t find its way to your countertops!! Happy Hunting.